Register for International Offshore Safety at Sea with Hands-on Training.
At Roger Williams University, Richard L. Bready Mount Hope Bay Sailing and Education Center, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809
The in-person day will be conducted at Roger William University in Bristol, Rhode Island and includes lunch.
Dates for the one-day hands-on portion at Roger Williams University are as follows:
March 19 (CCA/BRF) March 20 (CCA/BRF) April 9 (CCA/NYYC) April 10 (CCA/NYYC) May 7 (CCA/NYYC)=
- May 8 (CCA/NYYC)
- June 14 (CCA/BRF) - For Newport Bermuda Race only & Requires CCA approval before registering. Please email
Please note that the US Sailing requirements have changed. EVERYONE must complete the newly released, short 3-hour “Online Safety at Sea course part two (Units 11 – 15)." This includes those refreshing (renewing) their certification. Therefore, we offer three options. All options include the hard copy textbook for the course, the registration fees for US Sailing, a one-year US Sailing membership or renewal, and the one day in-person hands-on course.
- Option 1 - $360: For those that have not completed the International Offshore Safety at Sea with hands on training course. This option adds the Online Offshore Safety at Sea course parts one and two (units 1 – 10 and units 11 – 15)
- Option 2 - $310: For those that need to “refresh” their expired certification or have already completed the Online Offshore Safety at Sea course part one (units 1 – 10). This option adds the Online Offshore Safety at Sea course part two (units 11 – 15)
- Option 3 - $275: For those that have completed the Online Safety at Sea course parts one (unit 1 – 10) OR are renewing their certification AND have completed the Online Safety at Sea course part two (units 11 -15).
Cancellation or rescheduling: After registering, you may reschedule up to one month before the date of your scheduled in-person hands-on course to another CCA/NYYC or CCA/BRF course. You may also cancel for a partial refund (your registration fee less the fee for the two online courses) up to one month before your scheduled in-person hands-on course.
Image and Liability Release for Self (or for a Minor):
Image: I hereby authorize Cruising Club of America and he New York Yacht Club and their agents, members, and volunteers (“Organizers”) to capture still and moving images and sound recordings of me in connection with my participation in the seminar and to use without compensation, irrevocably, such materials, including my name, voice, likeness, and personality, in depicting or promoting activities of CCA or seamanship generally.
Liability: I recognize that the hands-on training to be provided contain inherent risks, including those from flame and water, and I assume those risks. I agree to follow all instructions provided in the seminar and hereby release the Organizers from any liability for injury to me, whether or not caused by the Organizers’ alleged negligence.
Minor: If signing up on behalf of a minor participant, I am authorized to release, and hereby execute this release on behalf of the minor.
COVID-19 vaccination: I acknowledge that in order to attend the in-person, hands-on portion and complete the course:
1) I must provide proof of vaccination, including a booster, if eligible. Failure to do so will be considered a course cancellation and the course cancellation policy will apply.
2) I must do a rapid self test no more than 24 hours before the class and show it or an image of it on my cell phone at registration.
3) I must wear a mask while indoors at Roger Williams University.
I also acknowledge that additional COVID-19 measures may become necessary and I will be informed of any additional measures before my in-person hands-on course.
Please indicate your agreement to this release by typing your name in the space labeled "Consent Signature" at the bottom of this form