The course includes a full day of hands-on training, including in-the-water exercises. Details of the hands-on session are here.
Participants MUST complete the online prerequisite course and provide their certificate of completion before attending. The online courses are provided via US Sailing.
- The prerequisite for most participants is the "Offshore" course, covering fifteen core topics.
- Participants RENEWING their certificate less than ten years after issuance may instead take the "Offshore Upgrade" course, consisting of five topics.
- US Sailing members get a discount on these courses with the discount code found in your "My US Sailing" account under Member Coupons and Benefits
Expected weekends are:
As Saturday sessions become fully subscribed, Sunday sessions may be added. See the panel at right at or the dropdown menu for currently available dates.
Cancellation or rescheduling: After registering, you may reschedule up to one month before the date of your scheduled in-person hands-on course to another course we offer. You may also cancel for a partial refund (your registration fee less 5%) up to one month before your scheduled in-person hands-on course.
Image and Liability Release for Self (or for a Minor):
Image: I hereby authorize Cruising Club of America, cooperating organizations, and and their agents, members, and volunteers (“Organizers”) to capture still and moving images and sound recordings of me in connection with my participation in the seminar and to use without compensation, irrevocably, such materials, including my name, voice, likeness, and personality, in depicting or promoting activities of CCA or seamanship generally.
Liability: I recognize that the hands-on training to be provided contain inherent risks, including those from flame and water, and I assume those risks. I agree to follow all instructions provided in the seminar and hereby release the Organizers from any liability for injury to me, whether or not caused by the Organizers’ alleged negligence.
Minor: PLEASE NOTE Our contract with Roger Williams University prevents us from
having anyone under age 18 in the courses.
COVID-19 vaccination: I acknowledge that in order to attend the in-person, hands-on portion and complete the course:
1) I must provide proof of vaccination, including a booster, if eligible. Failure to do so will be considered a course cancellation and the course cancellation policy will apply.
2) I must do a rapid self test no more than 24 hours before the class and show it or an image of it on my cell phone at registration.
I also acknowledge that additional COVID-19 measures may become necessary and I will be informed of any additional measures before my in-person hands-on course.
Please indicate your agreement to this release by typing your name in the space labeled "Consent Signature" at the bottom of this form