Register for International Offshore Safety at Sea with Hands-on Training.
At Roger Williams University, Richard L. Bready Mount Hope Bay Sailing and Education Center, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809
Dates for the one-day hands-on portion of the Level 100 course at Roger Williams University are as follows:
- Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Sunday, March 15, 2020
- Saturday, May 9, 2020
- Monday, June 15, 2020 (Bermuda Race participants only)
- Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Saturday, January 16, 2021
- Saturday, March 27, 2021
- Sunday, March 28, 2021
- Saturday, October 16, 2021
Dates for Level 200 course on boats at New York Yacht Club, Harbour Court:
- Note that this is NOT a US Sailing certified course, but instead is an advanced practical seminar, on the water, in certain specific procedure
- Sunday, May 16, 2020 Future dates for Level 200 at NYYC to be announced.
This is the US Sailing-sanctioned course that satisfies the World Sailing requirements and is required by many ocean races.
Registration fee includes:
- In-Person hands-on training
- Online prerequisite supplement ($85 value if separate)
- Printed copy of the Safety at Sea Core Topics Handbook ($26 if separate)
- Membership in or renewal of US Sailing membership ($65 if separate)
For a general course description, see this page. Details of the hands-on session are here. This course can be conducted upon request for large groups (minimum of 30 people). It is normally conducted at Roger Williams University but may be possible to be conducted elsewhere in New England if suitable facilities are available. Please contact our Safety at Sea program coordinator for available dates and pricing. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The fee for individuals is $325. A discounted rate of $295 is available to four or more from the same family or boat and to members (and spouses) of the Cruising Club of America or the New York Yacht Club. (Complete one form for each person. Note: US Sailing requests a different email address for each participant because that is how they reference your certificate)
You qualify for a lower rate of $275, without the Online Offshore Safety at Sea course if:
- You have completed the the US Sailing “Online Offshore Safety at Sea Course” or the in-person US Sailing “Offshore Safety at Sea” course within one year of this Hands-on course, or
- You have a current or expired World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Approved Offshore Personal Survival Course certificate (i.e. this will be a “refresher course”) within 10 years
No additional discount will be applied to these lower rates.
Note: June 15 just prior to the Newport to Bermuda race. This course date is intended only for those Newport Bermuda Race participants who, due to exceptional circumstances, were unable to attend one of the many courses in the previous year. A premium of $100 is added for this course. The program administrator may waive the premium fee for bona fide extenuating circumstances
Image and Liability Release for Self (or for a Minor):
Image: I hereby authorize Cruising Club of America and he New York Yacht Club and their agents, members, and volunteers (“Organizers”) to capture still and moving images and sound recordings of me in connection with my participation in the seminar and to use without compensation, irrevocably, such materials, including my name, voice, likeness, and personality, in depicting or promoting activities of CCA or seamanship generally.
Liability: I recognize that the hands-on training to be provided contain inherent risks, including those from flame and water, and I assume those risks. I agree to follow all instructions provided in the seminar and hereby release the Organizers from any liability for injury to me, whether or not caused by the Organizers’ alleged negligence.
Minor: If signing up on behalf of a minor participant, I am authorized to release, and hereby execute this release on behalf of the minor.
Please indicate your agreement to this release by typing your name in the space labeled "Consent Signature" at the bottom of this form.